Monday, June 2, 2008

Show & Tell

Maybe it's my age, but I have trouble every week trying to get into a "blog" mode and post an entry for the market. After fretting for days, the answer has dawned on me. This is basically Show and Tell. In kindergarten, it was my favorite day of the week. Trot to the front of the class and share your treasure. So here I go. At least week's market, my favorite finds were simple: a bunch of Bachelor Buttons from Jug Bay, which I plopped in a galvanized bucket and kept on my back porch; a $2 medium dog bone for my old dog Shelby from Clan Stewart Farm. It's amazing how these two minor purchases had major impact. We adopted Shelby 10 years ago from an animal shelter. We think she is about 12 years old now. The old girl spends an majority of her day snoozing and the highlight of her day is chasing after a rawhide chew strip that we toss to her, which takes her about 3 minutes to chew, and then back to sleep. I gave her the Clan Stewart Bone on Saturday afternoon and she spent nearly two hours gnawing and working at it. The whole family stopped what we were doing to watch her enjoy it. We have not seen her so engaged in years. I guess that proves that natural, unprocessed, and preservative free improves the quality of life for our pets too. As for the flowers, what a refreshing departure from the usual selection at the supermarket. No need for a strangely green fern frond or a cliche' spray of baby's breath. And they weren't grown somewhere outside the continent and shipped an ungodly distance under refrigeration. Now it's your turn. This blog is really an opportunity for you all to share your discoveries. Please, let us know what you did with that goat cheese, those shell peas, or rhubarb jam. Or tell us your story or share your advice. This is your turn to be part of the market "Show and Tell."
See you at the Market this weekend!
Crystal

No comments: