Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Over 70 people spent the evening at the Community Center eating, listening to music, enjoying a fantastic dinner and catching up with friends and neighbors. We also have to thank Crystal Lal and Katie Troyner -- they had a great idea and made it wonderful. Their tireless work on this event is much appreciated by everyone in the Community Market family.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
I'm also following along with the LOCAVORE nation on NPR's excellent The Splendid Table. This is a year-long experiment in which fifteen participants around the country try to get at least 80% of their diet locally, organically (when possible) and sustainably (when possible). The blogs are interesting reading and the site is really informative.
Let us know how your challenge week goes. New ideas? New recipes? We'd love to hear from you.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
- Those of you who were lucky enough to try Brooks Brand Salsa will be happy to know they'll be back. Everyone else -- don't miss it!
- Jug Bay Market Garden's Scott Hertzberg will have tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, melons, lilies and sunflowers.
- Martha Allen of Martha's Jams has stirred up a batch of spiced blueberry preserves! Limited supplies.
- The guys from Circle C Oyster Ranch will be back. You'll be be glad to know that fame hasn't changed them since they were featured in a recent Washington Post Weekend edition.
- Here' a secret: Clan Stewart makes the most delicious nitrate-free bacon! Combine it with Scott's tomatoes and make the best BLT you've ever had.
- Did you know that Uptown Bakers' master baker, Didier Rosada, teaches the Advanced Sourdough class at the San Fransisco Baking Institute and was it's head instructor? So now you know where you can find the best loaf of Sourdough -- at the Cheverly Community Market!
- Local artist Rose Fennel will return with her practical, beautiful pottery.
- If you've been going barefoot....you'll want to check out the natural exfoliating soaps from Mystic Water Soaps. And with the gas money you'll save by staying in town, buy one of her fantastic new facial masques and have an at home spa day.
- Saving what might be the best for last.....ICE CREAM! Simple Pleasures Ice Cream Cafe will be selling scoops and containers of their delicious ice cream. In addition to great vanilla and chocolate, they'll offer banana pudding, alpine chocolate mint chip, lemon custard, black raspberry, and mango italian ice