Friday, June 5, 2009

What are you doing with your Market treasures?

You know what made this a really long winter? Running out of Martha's Mango-Lemon jam, which is one of my favorite foods ever. Last year, I stocked up with a few extra jars, but they were not sufficient for an entire winter (live and learn, I suppose!)
Well, thank goodness Martha was back at the Market last weekend. I've got my favorite breakfast treat, and combined with some of that delicious Cheverly Breadbasket bread (lightly toasted), some cream cheese and a homemade Vietnamese iced coffee, I think I can handle anything that a long, hot summer can throw my way. Martha makes amazing jams and preserves -- from your basic strawberry to exotic lulo pulp. I haven't had one yet that I haven't loved. And the best thing? She makes them right here in Cheverly! Make sure to stop by and stock up at Martha's Jams next Saturday (that's June 13.)
See you at the Market!

2 comments:

ScottE. said...

We had an amazing dinner on Sunday night with our Market finds. First we started with some fresh peas. I loved them fresh out of the pod, but then tried them with mint and butter. Not so much. I used a jar of Martha's Mango-Ginger jam as a glaze for grilled chicken--heaven! We also had a salad of romaine, fresh strawberries and some pecans from the pantry, with a balsamic dressing. Wonderful! Two other meals during the week included some of the wonderful tortillas!

ScottE. said...

Here's my Sunday dinner...forgot the link:

http://sseichinger.blogspot.com/2009/06/perfect-sunday.html