Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Moctec Tortillas

Did you get any of these tortillas? Delicious! So delicious, in fact, that a dozen barely made it home...and didn't last through the afternoon.
There were other varieties, but I went with plain old flour. Next time, I'll try some other types...and remember to buy a few bags of these!
I'm sure that these tortillas would be great with other things (like vegetables, meat, fish, salsa, beans, etc.) but they're fantastic on their own. In fact, they reminded me of my mom's Norwegian lefse. And anytime you can buy homemade food outside on a beautiful spring day, and get a really strong flavor memory...well, that's a good day.
What about you? Favorite food of opening weekend?

1 comment:

ScottE. said...

We went crazy with our purchases and still have plenty to go through. I loved the tortillas and have made a few quesadillas with them. We also shared the bag of chips with guests on Sunday. Of course I knew I'd love the eggs, but I think the one thing that so far has really changed my way of thinking about it as a vegetable was the fresh Broccoli from Scott/Jug Bay.

I used to have plenty of broccoli as a kid, broccoli we grew no less. But I didn't like it...I was a kid! Then my intact of broccoli reduced drastically to the point that whenever it would show up on a plate or dinner somewhere, I scootched it to the side and avoided it. Blech. Tasteless, fiberous, ugh.

So we ended up with a head of broccoli this weekend and my expectations were very low. Last night I blanched it and did a quick stir fry with garlic and hot pepper and it was AMAZING!

I was almost embarassed to admit that I enjoyed it. So fresh and green and great flavor.

So for me it was my favorite market find this weekend. A great example of how the local, fresh ingredients really make all the difference in the world.

http://sseichinger.blogspot.com/2008/05/its-christmas-miracle.html