Friday, December 5, 2008

Vendor Update: New Starts Farm

Tom Baldwin of New Starts Farm sent this update on some of the things he plans to bring to Holiday Market next Saturday:
I will bring Talavera Pottery (fair trade ) from a family-run business in a small Mexican town. This will include Christmas tree ornaments. I build my bird houses from things I find in the woods and from old farm wood and rusty tin. Most of the ones I have now I have made from cedar (bought) and finished with cedar shakes from an old house . I also use old belt buckles, nails, copper (not much around anymore) , rusty hardware, barbed wire -- whatever I can find. My niece (13 years old), Megan Ginder, is my artist in residence for the fancier ones. She is a Cheverly resident and student at St. Ambrose School. I am trying to arrange for some Poinsettias ... I will let you know soon if this works out.
Sounds great! Tom is one of the great vendors who will offer fantastic food, plants and gifts at Holiday Market. Be sure to visit him in the Community Center next Saturday, December 13!

No comments: