Thursday, August 11, 2011

At the Market This Week: Benny's Market/Rebert Farm

Don't you love summer fruit? Without fail each winter, I develop a terrible craving for fresh, juicy peaches, plums and nectarines. I'll go to the grocery store and buy something that looks an awful lot like a plum, or a peach, or a nectarine. And, inevitably, I'll be disappointed -- they don't taste like real fruit, they don't smell like real fruit, they have a texture that just isn't right. Every year, the same thing. And every year, I vow to avoid repeating this mistake, and really enjoy these fruits in season.

Here's your chance to bank some real "summer fruit" memories to get you through those long, cold months. The Reberts will have peaches, plums, and nectarines. They'll also have some early eating apples, for those of you who are ready to head into fall (I'm one of you!) Make sure to visit Benny's Fruit Stand and stock up!

No comments: