Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Who's coming to Market this week? Al Pong!

We're getting news from our vendors about what they'll be bringing to the Market this Saturday...good stuff! Al Pong will have those delectable white peaches -- indescribably lovely and delicious. They're usually the first Market fruit my family finishes off, and I think about those peaches for two whole weeks until I can get them again. Maybe we should buy more... He'll also have gala apples and cherry tomatoes, in addition to trees and plants. Japanese maple, fig , goji berry, citrus (meyer's lemon, key lime, calamondin, etc.), and pomegranate trees, gardenia, prickly pear... Al has gorgeous, healthy specimens, and he'll happily discuss their care with you. I may have to get a meyer lemon tree, just to make up for that time I told my mom we didn't have room for her meyer lemon tree. It's still a source of "discussion" in my family. This may finally be my chance to make amends!
See you Saturday at the Market!

No comments: