Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Who's coming to Market this week? Shlagel Farms!

We love hearing from our vendors...they're funny, warm people! Today's email includes this note from Eileen of Shlagel Farm... "At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'll say it again....Cheverly is such a warm welcoming community. I have more fun there than at any other market I sell at. I am so thankful that you invited me to come! This week will pretty much be a repeat of last time. We will have yellow tomatoes and seedless yellow watermelon this week which makes a lovely fruit salad when combined with red watermelon and orange cantaloupes. I will also have some grab-and-go fruit cups for those that don't want to purchase an entire melon. "I have been asked a lot, 'What can I do with an eggplant?' Here's a simple idea: slice the eggplant in 1/2 " slices (I leave the skin on). Brush it with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt, then broil until browning and bubbly. Remove from oven. Place one thick red or yellow tomato slice over each eggplant slice and then sprinkle with grated parmesan. Bake until cheese melts. Enjoy." What a fantastic, simple recipe! And I can't wait to enjoy some fruit salad Saturday afternoon as part of our band/photographer/webmaster family lunch. Who knows...I'll probably even get the kids to eat some fruit from those grab-and-go cups as they dance to our house band! Make sure to stop by the Shlagel tent and pick up some terrific fruits and vegetables -- it's high season now and Shlagel Farm has an amazing selection to share with you!
See you Saturday at the Market!

No comments: