Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This Week at the Market: Cherry Glen Goat Cheese/Palmyra Farm Cheese


There are a lot of things I love about my job at Cheverly Community Market -- the chance to meet new customers, learn about local agriculture, get to know our farmers -- but I have a confession to make. The thing I love most? Tasting all the amazing food. After all, the food is why we're here, right? As I write this, I am enjoying a delicious, juicy Empire Red apple from Reberts. I am dipping it in Palmyra Knob Hill Chambourcin Cheese Spread. It's a great combination, and one I'd probably never have tried without the opportunity to talk to vendors and purchase these wonderful products at Cheverly Community Market. This weekend, why not pick up a few varieties of cheese from Palmyra FarmCheese /Cherry Glen Goat Cheese (we're partial to the Monocacy Ash, the Chesepeake Bay Cheddar and this great Chambourcin spread), some varieties of apples and pears you haven't tried before, maybe a baguette or two and enjoy the amazing combinations of flavors that only you can create!

No comments: