Thursday, September 5, 2013

New Vendor: Handmade Habitat

We're thrilled to welcome new vendor Handmade Habitat to Cheverly Community Market this Saturday. Amina Ahmad (of Takoma Park) makes wonderful contemporary items -- she has a great sense of design and style, and we can't wait to share her wares with you!

Here's a description of Amina and her work from her lovely Etsy shop:
I am obsessed with all things handmade and I believe that handmade can encompass every part of our lives. As the oldest of three children, learning how to do things for myself has always been a big part of my life, and as such, I have become a non-stop sewing, crafting, making machine! 
I am very inspired by nature and my in my work, it is important to me to embrace simplicity and allow the natural beauty of the fabrics and colors I use to shine through. I love working with colors, shapes, tones and patterns that mimic the Earth. I primarily work with natural fabrics such as cotton, organic cotton and burlap and hand-dye many of my pieces to get custom, rustic and rich colors.  
I create for all aspects of our lives - wearing, working, playing and even the cat gets some love.  
For you, the home, the cat & with love for the Earth.
This Saturday, come out, meet Amina, and find beautiful locally made soy candles, cotton scarves, sachets, and catnip toys. It's a great time to start thinking about thoughtful gifts...and wonderful additions to your home and wardrobe!

No comments: