Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thank you!


Thank you for another great Market! To our vendors, our volunteers and customers -- we always appreciate your attendance...but on 90f+ degree mornings? You're fantastic!

So what were your favorite things this morning? For me, the smell of those gorgeous peaches warming under the sun is summer (I've already had three since I came home!) It was great to chat at the Two Oceans Seafood tent about car trips we took as kids, a cold water from the St. Ambrose Common Ground Coffee tent was very welcome, and  the enticing scent of those sausages being cooked and prepared for sampling...well. And, of course, sampling local wines from Elk Run Winery is always a treat.


I made a special Market brunch when I got home: a lovely omelette with Eve's BBQ Colby (have you tried it? Spicy, creamy...yum!), wheat toast with Martha's Berry Preserves (the taste of gorgeous whole berries really comes through), and another of those peaches (I may be a little obsessed). I cannot think of a better way to celebrate summer and a gorgeous (if hot) Saturday morning.

We have loads of new photos up on our flickr page. If you missed the Market, or want to remember all the wonderful sights and sounds, make sure to visit!

See you at our next Cheverly Community Market -- Saturday, July 16!

No comments: